|Create a "Day-plan" for yourself|
- Plan your day - Unless you are not on a holiday with your friends or family, you need to plan you day. There's seldom a chance in history when things were done without making a plan. I am not saying that plans always succeed but it guides you a way where to go. Remember, every morning you get up, you should relax in the bed for 15 min and dedicate this time on planning what you are about to do today. I call this period as "Day chargers". This period defines how your day will be going today. I would suggest you to have day chargers in morning as well as at night to plan your day and review how well you followed your plan respectively.
"Plan your work, work your plan"
- Make the plan and record/memorize it - Just thinking once about what are you going today is not going to help you. You must record your plan somewhere. Let me first tell you how to make the plan: Start according to time, from what you are going to do in the morning, till the end of the day. Include those small things that you think you may forget to do that day. Record your plan on a paper, on your phone or if you are able - memorize it. I do it partly on my phone and partly memorizing. I memorize my schedule while I create a to-do note on my phone to remind me of small things that I need to do.
- Work your plan - Ok, so you have the plan with you now and you have organized your day. It's time now to implement your plan and try to spend your day according to your plan. A plan is useless if it is not being used. See what is the first item in your 'day-plan' and its timings, start it at the time you planned and do not think if it is going to end on right time or not. If you will continue thinking about this, you will concentrate less on your work. Just try to keep things according to the plan. Even if you are not according to the plan, you will have a direction of where to go when you complete your work.
- Follow up and alter the plan - An important thing to note is that your plan should not be rigid. There is high probability that things will not go as you have planned, so you should be ready to change the plan as and when required. Suppose an unexpected important work comes in between your schedule. In such case, you should be able to make adjustments, while making plans, you should have ample "space" between two of your tasks. Schedule should not be tight in anyway. Whenever needed, make a change in your plan. Do not worry if you are not going according t your plan. Do what you can do in a day and leave the uncompleted work for tomorrow. After some time, you will be able to follow up with the plan.
- Make a habit - Just making a 'day-plan' for once will not serve its purpose, you will have to do it on daily basis and then see the difference, you will then be able to remember what you have to do, how are you going to do it, you will have work lined up one by one and primarily, you won't be having time to waste on thinking what you should do or can do.
- Reward yourself - Though you may not do it, but it is also an important step of this process, just like we get prizes if we win some race or competition, you should reward yourself for each successful planned day. Whenever you have a day which is just according to your plan, reward yourself. That way you will feel better for yourself. Reward may or may not be material, just giving yourself a nice praise is also a reward, isn't it? Be it anything, but make sure to reward yourself.
Believe me friends, it has been my personal experience that it gives tremendous satisfaction when you have worked hard on your plan and then everything goes according to what you have planned. I am sure that these steps will make your day organized than before. It has helped me and will probably help you too if you have never ever organized your schedule before hand.
Thank you for reading. Share it if you liked it.
As usual, comments are appreciated.